Sun Microsystems' Java is a free piece of software which is needed to run MEOW and Orderchecker.
Click on the image below to go to the Sun Microsystems site and download Java.
Detailed installation instructions for Java:
- Go to the Java SE download page.
- Go down to the "Java Runtime Environment (JRE)" section (there may be a number after the (JRE) part).
- Click on the "Download" link.
- Accept the License Agreement by marking the radio button named "Accept License Agreement". (Of course, only after fully reading the License Agreement and considering the ramifications, especially the one that if you had not read it, you could have done something fun the last three days.)
- Click on the appropriate installation link, which in most cases means the one labelled "Windows Online Installation, Multi-language".
- Download your chosen installation file.
- Run the downloaded file.
- This may pop up some questions such as "Running files downloaded from the Internet. Are you sure you wish to continue?" Go for the buttons saying "OK", "Yes" or "Heck yes, stop bugging me already!"
- Do note that if the questions are of the "WARNING! VIRUS FOUND IN FILE! DO YOU REALLY WISH TO CONTINUE?" kind you are advised to contact us as soon as possible and NOT click any "OK" or "Yes" buttons.
- Click "Next" lots of times.